Monday, April 6, 2009

A Handmade Spring: The Spring Scarf

Those who know me, know I'm not terribly trendy. Mildly style conscious, yes. Trendy, no. But do correct me if I'm wrong....I think there is a spring scarf trend this year and I think it's fabulous. What a great way to spice up a simple knit tee and jeans. And they also make lovely gifts for the fashion conscious among us, as well as those with timeless style. There's something for everyone.

First up is a "ruffle scarf." If you crochet, let me know, I have a great pattern for this one. I've made more than my fair share this past Christmas and just love it (I'm entertaining taking custom orders if you're interested). Some use a heavier yarn like this one by beautiful bridget on Etsy. But there are so many yummy lightweight cashmere, silk and even bamboo yarns out there, that I could see this one all year long. Love. Love. Love. it.

girly girl by beautifulbridget

No comments: